Power Distribution Module (PDM)
Identify PDM configuration steps and tips.
Updated June 29, 2020
The PDM must be configured for control products to connect through the SRM infrastructure and operate efficiently.
Turn rate source
Select the input source for calculating turn compensation when planting through curves.
- Gyro only
- Gyro then GPS
- GPS only
Gyro only is the recommended setup.
For the system to be able to recognize forward acceleration quickly and start seeding correctly, the position of the gyro inside the PDM must be known. Ensure the PDM mounting location and PDM mounting orientation are set correctly. Otherwise, performance will be degraded.
PDM mounting location
Determine if the PDM is mounted with the decal facing up or down.
PDM mounting orientation
Determine if the orientation of the fuses are:
The orientation is based on the operator sitting in the cab.
Press to zero
Use this button to zero the gyro. Always zero the gyro when setting up a new system. There will be a zero offset percentage recorded after the gyro has been zeroed.
Make sure the planter is straight behind the tractor when zeroing the gyro.
- If the turn compensation seems to be off, re-zero.
- If getting warnings about the gyro, re-zero.
Press to be directed to the radar status page. This displays the speed being read from the radar.
This displays the radius of a turn in degrees per second while the gyro is turning. This is the degree that will be used for turn compensation. Press "Turn Rate" to adjust turn compensation.
Four settings for turn rate include:
- On - This is the recommended and default setting for all SRM systems. Both control and monitoring will be based on the speed of each individual row. For example, all rows will keep consistent seed spacing around curves.
- Control only - Each row will control its own calculated speed and will keep consistent seed spacing. However, the reporting will only show a population based on the center of the planter. There will be a higher population on the outside rows and lower population on the inside rows of the curve.
- Monitor only - Control for all rows will be based on the center of the planter. However, reporting will show a population based on the distance each individual row traveled. There will be a higher population on the inside rows and lower population on the outside rows.
- Off - Both control and monitoring will be based on the speed of the tractor. Seed spacing will be closer on the inside of the curve and further apart on the outside of the curve.
This displays the speed being read from the GPS. Press this button to be directed to the GPS communication page.