SpeedTube Health Checks
Learn how to perform the SpeedTube Health Check.
Updated March 29, 2021
SpeedTube Health Check
Always perform a health check on the SpeedTube system after installation or after it has been sitting for long periods of time. Access the SpeedTube health check page by selecting Setup / Diagnose / Health Checks
Before running the Health Check, verify the diagnose page is communicating correctly. Click here to learn more about SpeedTube diagnose
Running the SpeedTube Health Check
Selecting the Seeding Manual Test from the Health Check list will allow the SpeedTube Health Check to run. This will allow you to select a simulated Rate and Speed to verify the integrity of the SpeedTube System.
Before starting the Health Check verify that the Pre-test Checklist is completed.
Seeding Manual Test Run Screen will show the Rate Adjust and Speed Adjust and the bottom you will see each configured vDrive row. The same failed row states will appear on the rows if a SpeedTube has any issues. At the top of the page you will see tabs. Click on the SpeedTube Tab to see diagnostics for the system.
- Rate Adjust allows you to select the + or - sign to increase or decrease the seeding rate along with pressing the button to type in a manual rate.
- Speed Adjust allows you to select the + or - sign to increase or decrease the simulated vehicle speed along with pressing the button to type in a manual speed.
The following are the failure thresholds for the SpeedTube Health Check:
30 FPS: >0.5 Amps 80 FPS: >4.0 Amps
30 FPS: >30% 80 FPS: >95%
30 FPS: +/-6% 80 FPS: +/-3.5%
The results page will be red for rows which no information was received and yellow for any values out of range.
In the event of a failed Health Check, reference the instructions listed below.
- Voltage Failure: There is low supply voltage. Check harnessing for damage and ensure alternator is operating.
- Amperage Failure: Ensure voltage is within range. Check for obstructions or misaligned parts in SpeedTube.
- Duty Cycle Failure: Check for obstructions or misaligned parts in SpeedTube.
If problems persist, refer to the Dealer Service Manual for more detailed information.
vDrive Health Check
For more information on the vDrive Health Check Click here